Powered by Blogger.
RSS

February Favorites!!

Hello Divas!

I know it's a bit into March already to be doing February favorites, but since I just started my blog, I thought why not, I have a good enough excuse, haha!  Especially since today has been a sort of crappy day for me due to lack of sleep and the gloomy & snowy weather, I definitely wanted to do a blog post that would cheer me up and hopefully cheer you guys up or at least like/love.

So here we go, these items are in no particular order, etc.


Victorias Secret Ravishing Love Set

Ravishing Love is one of their newest scents just recently released.  I will tell you this, if you haven't checked them out lately, I definitely suggest going!  I have always been a huge fan of their scent LoveSpell and found that I never needed any of their other scents because that was my holy grail scent of all time.  But since I had a gift card from my hubby from Christmas, I went in there and they so happened to be having their 3 for $24 or 6 for $30 deal going on.  I was only going to buy 3, LoveSpell of course, since I needed to stock up on it but I figured getting 6 was cheaper.  I went and checked out the new scents since they had a few and when I tested Ravishing Love, I FELL in LOVE and now I have a hard time debating if I like it more than LoveSpell!  I got the moisturizing hand and body cream, body wash, and body spray in both scents.  Everytime I go to grab for one of them, I seem to aim for this one over my dear LoveSpell.  So I definitely recommend going in there and trying them out!

Curel Healing Lotion

With the Winter season comes dry, cracked skin, or at least for me it does.  Especially with having kids and the constant diaper changing, I wash my hands at least 20 times a day and during the Winter makes it worse on my hands.  I always get it badly cracked around my knuckles and more so near my thumb, index and middle fingers.  I've tried quite a few lotions and none have seemed to really work.  I recently purchased this Curel lotion back in December since it was on sale and figured I'd try it.  It worked!  I try and put it on after each hand wash and at night when I'm heading to bed.  I even got my hubby into using it since he works in the cleaning industry, he constantly is washing his hands too so his end up worse than mine! So bad they have bled, and this lotion has helped cure it.  It's no wonder their name is CUREl haha.

Jane 'Not so innocent pink' Lipstick
I bought this lipstick back near the end of last summer and I never really got around to using it.  Reason is I haven't ever really been into lip products except lip balm or chapstick.  But February seemed to have been the month where I felt I wanted my lips to be simply dashing and I reached for this the one day and since have kept wearing it.  It's a pretty subtle pink that I think would work on any skintone.  These lipsticks don't have anything in their name such as lipstain or 24-hour wear, but when I wear this and I later get to that feeling that my lips are bare, I check and still have a good tint of color left.  It definitely lasts a while and for the price, you can't beat that!
Here's a swatch.

Bath and Body Works Hand Sanitizer - Apple


I bought a bunch of hand sanitizers last summer from BBW and I didn't really use them much until this Winter.  Especially this past month since I had been going on 7 weeks straight of being sick!  This was definitely my favorite scent out of them all and I can't wait to go back to stock up on more and a few other scents.  They are super cheap and great smelling, I wouldn't get hand sanitizers from anywhere else!

Scrunched Hair


I know!!!! It's not really a product BUT since this is how I've been wearing my hair non-stop this year so far, I HAD to put it up.  It's fast, easy, and looks AMAZING on any woman!  I absolutely love wearing my hair like this, especially now that my hair is longer since I'm due for a haircut but decided to grow it out a little bit and this hair style looks great with longer hair.  It really helps me feel that spring is right around the corner and I can be "beachy" without the warmer weather.  There are tons of great tutorials on how to do this style on YouTube.  The right hair products are going to be key in getting this look!

Well, that is my list of favorites for February.  Not too long of a list but I found myself with these the most this past month.  What have been some of your favorites lately?

*Beauty tipS of the day:
  • At home threading kits work great for facial hair removal.  Just apply to the hair in the spots you'd want to remove hair, and click the button.  It works the same way as going to get your eyebrows threaded!
  • Have ragged or dry cuticles?  Get a paraffin wax kit and dip your hands in for about 10 seconds and remove.  You will have the softest and best looking cuticles in just seconds, not to mention your hands will feel great!  Want a cheaper alternative?  If you have some soy candles around, burn them out, wait a few seconds and dip your finger nails down past your cuticles into the melted wax and it works just about the same!
  • Suffer from frizzy hair? Try this deep conditioning at home treatment.  Olive oil mayo, an egg, and beer and mix together into a paste.  Apply to your dry hair and wrap with plastic wrap.  Then take your hair dryer and heat around your entire head to give the heat penetration to the paste for about a minute.  Leave paste on for 20 minutes and then wash out.  Gorgeous, non-frizzy, voluminous hair you will achieve!

Xoxo, Lisa <3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Mandy McDonald said...

awesome faves doll! i also love the bbw hand sanitizers and the apple on is my fave. scrunchy hair is indeed in and that lipstick is so pretty. id love to check out that vic secret scent. another great post darlin!

Lisa Stortz said...

Thanks!! The apple sanitizer is my fave one too outta them all but I saw your haul vid and I'm really wanting to try that berry one you got.

FashionAffair said...

I just did a review of the victoria secret scents! I love love spell also:)

and Tomato slices as an facial cleanser who would have thought! tanks for the tip

http://fashionaffair08.blogspot.com/

Lisa Stortz said...

No problem hun and thanks for checking out my blog!

Post a Comment